Global Financial Firm located in Tampa, FL has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Project Manager
RTH – will need to be local to Client site to convert to perm
open to Irving, TX, Jacksonville & Tampa, FL, and NY/NJ
You will need to have reliable internet, computer and android or iphone for remote access into the client systems during remote work.
We will be expected in the office weekly 1-3 days depending on the team requirement.
****Video/ f2f interviews are required prior to all offers.
Technical Program Manager – US Personal Banking
Our Client believes in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to improve people’s lives. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit. Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change the our Technology organization has been designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Client, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. We believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of shipping software products into production. Are you technical? Are you a problem solver at heart? Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. You are accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion, related to an existing technology product or program. You proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Digital engineering organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered. You operate between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your technical chops, while defining and driving program initiatives and using your technical knowledge to work with the engineering teams to deliver. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs. This position has exposure to senior members of the organization, where you would be preparing documentation for senior executives and align roadmaps with organizational objectives.
- Accountable for managing the lifecycle for a cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
- Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
- Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery)
- Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
- Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them.
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Communicate upward and outward
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer science) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to 1-2 years of project/program management experience and working directly with software development teams.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
Experience delivering with an agile methodology required